Friday, May 22, 2015
Tel Aviv University's Leftist Sexual Predator gets a Wrist Slap
By Steven Plaut
Meet Ronen Shamir, a far-leftist sociology professor from Tel Aviv University. (https://depts.washington.edu/class/all_posters/shamir_poster.pdf ). Strongly anti-capitalist and fond of denouncing Zionist "colonialism." One of the tenured Ultra-Left who demanded that Israeli soldiers engage in mutiny and insurrection and refuse to serve (http://isracampus.org.il/third%20level%20pages/Petitions%20-%20Anat%20Biletzki%20-%20refuse%20to%20serve.htm ), and signer of other anti-Israel petitions. He is 58 years old, and has often served as chairman of the Department of Sociology at Tel Aviv University, the same department that features Stalinist stars like Yehouda Shenhav. He likes to publish in "Critical Sociology," where the word "Critical" is code for Marxist.
And Ronen Shamir has just become the latest tenured Leftist to be convicted of sexual misconduct with respect to his own students. As in so many other cases, the Israeli university circled its wagons and attempted to protect him from prosecution. Shamir just got off with a resounding wrist-slapping reprimand.
In recent years Israel has seen a whole spat of far-leftist professors, many of them sociologists, who got caught with their pants down while harassing their female students. The most notorious was no doubt Eyal Ben Ari, a far-leftist sociologist at Hebrew University, who was accused of raping a student. Ben Ari was eventually fired. Before that he had been the thesis supervisor for that now-notorious MA thesis in which it was claimed that the fact that Israeli soldiers do not rape Arab women proves how racist the Jews are. As I say, the thesis supervisor was later himself involved in raping and harassing a student. Maybe he just did not want to be considered to be a racist.
Anyhow, now along comes Comrade Ronen Shamir and he gets indicted before a Tel Aviv University ethics committee for sexually harassing one of his own students, an Arab woman. I guess he REALLY wanted to prove he was not racist. Curiously, Haaretz broke the story (there had been rumors of a major sexual scandal at TAU for a few months but Shamir's name was not released until the Haaretz scoop - here http://www.haaretz.co.il/news/law/.premium-1.2642661 ). Haaretz decided to let its radical feminizt inclinations trump its otherwise love of circling the wagons to defend radical anti-Israel leftist faculty members.
The ethics code at TAU prohibits faculty members from dating or having relations with their own students (although this is relaxed after the student is no longer the professor's student). Comrade Shamir had pursued an Arab woman student, his own student, whose name has not been released. He eventually persuaded her to move in together. All the other sociology department tenured leftists knew about the affair and kept quiet. After a year, Shamir tired of his trophy Arab and left her. The student complained about the prof to various other people, and word reached the TAU official for sexual harassment. To retaliate, Shamir kept sending the student bizarre "anonymous" email messages that were signed by the name of a character from a Salman Rushdie novel (seems that Shamir is a Rushdie aficionado).
The official for sexual harassment investigated the matter, eventually bringing it to the attention of the faculty ethics committee, composed of three law school profs. (TAU's law school is probably the most leftist law school in Israel.) Shamir was accused of harassing the student sexually and of behavior unbecoming a faculty member. The ethics committee investigated the matter for four years (!!!). Shamir evidently pressured the hapless student to come in and testify in his favor! At one point he broke into her cell phone to extract personal private information. The ethics committee found that Shamir had engaged in verbal and physical violence against the student. The ethics committee did not convict Shamir of sexual harassment but it did convict him on several charges of conduct unbecoming a faculty member. In the end it gave the professor a reprimand, and it did so in secret, refusing to publicize the verdict. It became known only when Haaretz broke the story.
The ethics committee also ruled that Shamir cannot be department chairman in sociology for a few years, a ruling with which Shamir probably was delighted, since serving as department chair in a university department is a thankless royal pain in the butt. The ethics committee basically put the Arab student on trial, accusing her of accusing Shamir out of a sense of hurt feelings and desire for revenge. The University administration had demanded that Shamir be ordered to retire, but the committee refused to go along with that. After all, when it comes to far-leftist Marxist sociologists, boys will be boys! Where were all the radical feminist faculty members at Tel Aviv University? I guess they were busy planning Nakba mourning commemorations.
The tenured Left ordinarily is militantly feminist, demanding that women always be believed when they make charges against men, and even more so it is compulsively pro-Arab. But when an Arab student makes charges against a tenured far-Leftist, all the campus Left is willing to do is to allow the perp to receive a resounding wrist tap.
Thursday, May 21, 2015
1. Q: Quick, what is the difference between "Breaking the Silence" and "Breaking Bad."
2. Quick: Which ethnic minority is the least discriminated against and the best treated out of all ethnic minorities in the Middle East?
So let us see if we have this straight. Putting Palestinians in the West Bank in separate buses so they do not murder Jews is "apartheid," claim the caring Leftists. But the PLO demand that in any future Palestinian state not a single Jew will be allowed to reside there is NOT apartheid and any attempt to characterize it as such is just people being divisive. That clear now? Naturally, firing rockets at Jewish children and intentionally running over Jews with cars is never racism either.
And why is no one protesting the anti-Jewish apartheid that is being maintained on the Temple Mount to prevent Jews from visiting and praying there?
3. I have been warning for two decades that the failure by so many in the Israeli Right to separate themselves from the infantile conspiracy "theories" about the Rabin assassination was serving to harm the electoral chances of the "Right" and convincing many in Israel that Rightists are loons.
4. So after all the hoopla about how the new Minister of Finance Moshe Kahlon would be a champion for economic reform and economic liberalism, along he comes and announces his maiden reform for the Israeli economy - rent controls. Meaning he is an economic illiterate who has never bothered to learn what markets are and what price controls do.
5. Breaking news: Vatican to recognize Atlantis.
6. Nomination for the very stupidest Israeli Leftist of the Century:
Israeli Haaretz columnist and Animal Rights nut proclaims that eating meat is a Holocaust, equivalent to Nazi Holocaust
7. A Nakba a day keeps the terrorists away!
8. Hebrew U Lefty: Ethnic cleansing of Jews is the way to prevent apartheid!http://isracampus.org.il/third%20level%20pages/HebrewU%20-%20Amiram%20Goldblum%20-%20Outlandish%20FB%20Posts.htm#Gaza_Judenrein
Thursday, May 14, 2015
1. Recognize the Legitimate Rights of Self-Determination Now!!
By Steven Plaut
Friends, Comrads, Zionists!
It is time we acknowledge Alaric I and his descendents as the true and rightful rulers of the Vatican.
As you recall, the good Alaric took control of the Vatican on August 24, 410 CE, and turned it into a city of Visigoths. Ever since then, the rights of the Visigoths to self-determination and freedom in the Vatican have been denied by Church authorities. But these rights to the eternal city are eternal and must at long last be acknowledged.
Indeed, Visigoth rights stem directly from the Nakba that the long-suffering Visigoths suffered at the hands of Theodosius and the Eastern Empire based in Constantinople and also from the Huns. Thousands of Visigoths were brutally murdered in the year 400 in Constantinople. Clearly a two-state solution is called for whereby the Church can retain its control of Roman Ravenna and the Visigoths exercise their legitimate rights in the Vatican!
Now obviously the Visigoths held hegemony over the Vatican many centuries before anyone even dreamed of inventing a "Palestinian people." While "Palestinians" are nothing more than Arabs from neighboring areas who migrated into "Palestine" to take advantage of the rising standards of living produced by the influx of Zionist migrants and capital, the Visigoths are a bona fide ancient people having their own rich culture. Indeed their culture was the foundation for that of Spain and Portugal. They produced masterpieces of art and architecture. And they were progressive reformers; their laws were the first in Europe to recognize the legal rights of married women and of community property of couples. They were religiously tolerant and pluralistic. Unlike the Vatican.
So now that the Vatican has decided to "recognize" the "Palestinian people," the only logical response from the world must be to recognize the legitimate rights of the Visigoths to the Vatican. No justice – no peace.
2. Eyal Megged is an Israeli far-leftist columnist and a "poet." Somewhat amazingly, he is a son of the great Israeli author Aharon Megged, a man who was decidedly non-leftist.
Eyal often writes in Haaretz. In his column today in Haaretz, the Palestinian newspaper printed in Hebrew, http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.656330, he argues that there is no difference at all between the Nazi Holocaust of Jews in WWII and the killing of animals for food by humans.
I attach the entire atrocity below but it may suffice to read just a few of his comments:
There's no difference between what those who took control of the Jews did to us and what we do to the animals we have taken control of.
If a Holocaust survivor can admit there's an animal holocaust - we can too
3. Those with good memories may recall the name Ram Cohen. He is a Stalinist who serves as school principal in a high school in Tel Aviv called Tichon.net, based partly on computer distance learning. Before that he was principal of a real school, the Aleph high school of the arts. He has been in the news repeatedly for misusing his position as principal to call for support for Israel's communist party HADASH (see http://isracampus.org.il/…/HebrewU%20-%20Orit%20Kedar%20-%2…). The Ministry of Education investigated him for this. As principal, he is expected to keep his political opinions to himself. Let us note that high school teacher Yisrael Sharan was fired altogether when he wrote a letter to the Minister of Education that the Minister considered to be ideological, opposing the manner in which "Rabin's Legacy" was being taught.
In his new post Ram has been jihading against mezuzot. He ordered that no mezuza be affixed to entrances into classrooms in the school.http://www.mynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4583366,00.html
After all, the mezuza offends the sensitivities of Stalinists.
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
1. Cut the crap!
Not every set of difficulties in integrating a group into Israeli society constitutes "racism."
Those who have problems integrating themselves into Israeli society are not suffering from "discrimination."
Read my lips. The fact that a group is disproportionately among those arrested and jailed for crime does not show racism on the part of the police but rather heterogeneous rates of criminality. Have you learned nothing from the US?
Violent and disruptive protesting, including blocking traffic arteries, will only create hostility to the group perpetrating these things.
If you hold violent protests together with communist and other extremist demagogues, do not expect to get any sympathy from us.
A million immigrants from the ex-Soviet Union all faced severe problems and challenges of integration and they underperform in the labor market compared with other Israelis, yet they have never engaged in violent protests. Instead of complaining, they sought education and opportunity. They expressed their agenda by setting up political parties. Learn from them.
If your agenda is to demonize Israel as racist, fuggedaboudit.
If you have bona fide hard evidence of discrimination, let's see it. Your general feelings of frustration and resentment and being disrespected do not count.
2. Alternative hypothesis: What do you think? The real reason Lieberman did not join the Netanyahu government is that he figures if he does the bidding of the leftist establishment in the prosecutors' office and undercuts Netanyahu, then - like they did back when Olmert adopted the agenda of the Left - they will freeze all criminal investigations of him and his party.
3. In the Haaretz weekend magazine from May 8, on page 52, the Palestinian newspaper printed in Hebrew runs a recipe for making "Divine Bacon." One would think that the editors would have been reluctant to run such a thing in the paper lest it offend Moslems, but there it is, with a nice large photo for all to see the culinary delight that the recipe prepares for all devoted readers of this pseudo-newspaper.
Tuesday, May 05, 2015
Oudist on the Roof
By Steven Plaut
The peace partners from the Palestinian Authority have announced that they have had enough of the Jews misappropriating Palestinian culture and folklore and claiming it as their own. In order to set the record straight, the Palestinian Authority has decided to clear the air and stage the true musical play about the roots of Palestinian culture that was later distorted into Fiddler on the Roof, reclaiming what the Jewish colonialists have attempted to steal from the Palestinians. American chapters of Students for Justice in Palestine will be holding amateur presentations of the play and the New York Metropolitan Opera announced plans to stage it after the play about Klinghoffer completes its run.
This new project is to show the real theatrical work that was later misappropriated by the Jews and misrepresented as based upon the writings of Shalom Aleichem. Palestinian President Abu Mazen has greeted the new production with a call to restore the play to its original pristine Palestinian form, before it underwent Zionist distortion.
The new play is called Oudist on the Roof. It shows the traditional Palestinian Oud player in various scenes breaking out in spontaneous song and music to accompany the singers and actors.
The central figure in the play is Itboch, the humble village milkman. He lives in a traditional Palestinian village before the Zionist colonialists conducted their ethnic cleansing of Arabs. Itboch lives with his wife Jihada and their various unmarried daughters.
In the first song of the play, Itboch comes out on stage and sings the new words to the Fiddler song "Tradition." They go like this: "Explosion, explosion, explosion":
Who, day and night, must scramble for a living,
Itboch adorably likes to toss out citations from the Holy Books that do not actually appear there, to make himself appear to be learned. After introducing other members of the Palestinian village, he breaks into song:
"If I were a Shaheed, ya-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba die-dle-deidle, diedle diedle dum, all day long I'd detonate for fun, if I were a Shaheed guy."
Much of the plot concerns Itboch's efforts to marry off his daughters. One of them refuses to marry an old man that her father has picked out for her because he is demanding no bride-price, so Itboch murders the girl in an honor killing.
Itboch sings the song "To Life" from Fiddler with a few editing changes to make it appropriate for a Palestinian musical. The new words go like this:
To death! To death! Biladi!
Another of Itboch's daughters decides to marry a communist. But Itboch makes his peace with the idea since the local Palestinian Communist Party told him that the communists are really pro-Islam and not anti-religion. Another daughter is to marry a nerdy guy who wheels out his new acquisition on a sewing machine table into the village square. The "new arrival" is an al-Qassam rocket fastened to the top of the sewing machine.
At the end of the show, the Zionists enter the village dressed as Cossacks and order the poor Palestinian villagers to pick up and move out, to Jericho and Gaza. The United Nations UNESCO has announced it is awarding the production a special subsidy. Tel Aviv University will be the first institution in Israel to stage it.
Thursday, April 16, 2015
Yet another Hebrew University Leftist Professor involved in Sexual Molestation and Harassment of Students
Eyal Ben Ari (http://isracampus.org.il/third%20level%20pages/HebrewU%20-%20Eyal%20Ben-Ari%20-%20Fired.htm ), the leftist Hebrew University sociologist fired for sexual harassment of students, has new company!
Mario Sznajder, co-author with Zev Sternhell (http://www.nytimes.com/1994/02/06/books/when-fascism-was-in-flower.html) , a leftist (http://english.safe-democracy.org/2007/10/11/the-importace-of-dialogue-jerusalem-damascus/) and a groupie of Che Guevara (see http://www.katharsis.co.il/images/magazine/Katharsis4Schneider.pdf ), has been department chair of political science at the Hebrew University.
His hanky panky:
Hebrew U. bars professor from campus over sex harassment charges
Political science professor Mario Schneider will also pay compensation to student who outed herself on Facebook to tell her story.
By Yarden Skop | Apr. 16, 2015 | 3:01 AM
A Hebrew University student who filed a sexual harassment complaint against a senior professor identified herself publicly on Facebook on Wednesday, a day after the university announced the professor will stop teaching and counseling students, will be barred from campus for 18 months and will pay her compensation.
In her post, Efrat Jacob, who filed the complaint against Mario Schneider, a professor of political science, said her decision to go public "was primarily for myself, an opportunity to thank all those who supported me and helped me any way they could."
She said the harassment had continued for about six months, as did the handling of her complaint. "But yesterday it was over," she wrote. "Prof. Mario Schneider has been dismissed from Hebrew University."
The complaint, first reported by Channel 10 last month, was made to the university authorities, not to the police, and was handled by the university's disciplinary apparatus. Jacob said Schneider had harassed her verbally, saying things like, "It's known that Yemenite women are hot," and that he had summoned her to his office, where he touched her against her will and molested her.
The university investigated the complaint and found grounds for pursuing disciplinary action.
"The lecturer will no longer teach or counsel students in the future," university rector Asher Cohen wrote in a letter to the entire student body Tuesday. "He will not be able to enter the university's Mount Scopus campus for a year and a half, and for five years will not be allowed to participate in academic conferences or seminars at the university or sponsored by it. The lecturer has agreed to pay the student significant compensation. The student has committed not to make any additional future claims against the lecturer."
Schneider is 67 and was due to retire in any case. He will pay Jacob 95,000 shekels (nearly $24,000).
In his letter, Cohen added that the lecturer "took responsibility for his improper behavior toward the student and for the offensive and degrading treatment." He said Schneider has "expressed regret for his actions and apologized for the distress caused to the student."
In her Facebook post Wednesday, Jacob went into detail about the harassment, saying it had begun on a 10-day class trip abroad that was a component of the course she was taking with Schneider, "during which he harassed me several times and even touched me on several occasions."
"One day, when we were waiting in line someplace, Mario approached me and said, 'Your skirt is too short and it's hard for me to concentrate like that. I'm asking you not to come like that,'" wrote Jacob. "He didn't hesitate when he said it and he wasn't joking with me, he was serious. My lecturer is looking at my body and telling me that my skirt interferes with his concentration. What was going on here?
"It didn't end there; that was just the beginning. Later on there were comments about my rear end and there was touching. He had narrowed me down to my body parts. Mario related to my body in a callous, hurtful, racist and degrading way."
After their return to Israel, she said, she continued to feel uncomfortable and even fearful in his presence, and tried her best to avoid him. "The halls of the social sciences department were not safe for me; I would walk slowly to see if he was coming, staying close to openings so I could flee," wrote Jacob. "Every stroll through the campus became a [military] maneuver."
But she couldn't always avoid him. Once, she wrote, "he appeared in front of me" on campus.
"I froze," wrote Jacob. "I know that he's dangerous to me but my body doesn't move, I just mumble something about hurrying and having to go, but he didn't care. He doesn't see me at all and doesn't hear my 'no' at all."
She also wrote that at one point he attempted to kiss her, adding: "I fled, terrified, and started to run through the campus, crying. I couldn't calm down."
The fear had larger ramifications for her studies, said Jacob.
"Every lecturer became a suspect," she wrote. "I had to always be on guard, to pay attention to what I was wearing and how I spoke and where I was going. It was exhausting. I had come to study but I couldn't concentrate because I was busy avoiding dangers."
2. Haaretz is aghast. And its devotion to leftwing fascism is never so clear! On the exact same page in this "newspaper," Haaretz squeals its horror that the Supreme Court has ruled that Israelis can sue traitors inside Israel who are part of the BDS campaign of economic warfare against the existence of Israel (http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium-1.652019) and then - a centimeter away, without even stopping to take a breath - it endorses the efforts of the Far Left to petition the Supreme Court to ban a book written by two rabbis and the demands to have those rabbis incarcerated for daring to publish a book.
3. So the Left and its fellow travelers think that Israel is being unreasonable when it demands that the "Palestinians" recognize Israel as a Jewish state. Hmmm.SO how bout we compromise. If the "Palestinians" do not want to recognize Israel as a Jewish state, how bout they simply recognize the fact that the "Palestinians" are a phony made-up pseudo-people characterized by Islamofascist ideology and genocidal ambitions, and that the "Palestinians" never really had any legitimate case for statehood but that, even if one were to suppose that they HAD such a case, they forfeited it by spending a century carrying out massacres of civilians and pursuing a genocidal ideological agenda.
4. Remember bimbo Kayla Mueller? The "peace activist" that was reportedly kidnapped by ISIS terrorists, except it turns out she was not? She was in Syria as part of the ISM (International Solidarity Movement) terrorists efforts to help support Islamist terrorists? Just like St Pancake Corrie? Well, just like Rachel Corrie, the parents of this OTHER ISM terrorist have decided to recruit themselves in the jihad against Israel:
5. I would like to point out that in modern Israel, both milk and honey are subject to cartelistic control and Naftali Bennett, as Minister of Economics (Commerce), did nothing at all to change this.
6. Egyptians for bombing Iran: http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-morris/egyptian-tv-personality-calls-netanyahu-bomb-iran
Thursday, April 09, 2015
1. Sometimes the Left in Israel does things you just could not make up. Take today's Haaretz lead editorial. Since ISIS is beheading Palestinians in the Yarmouk "refugee camp" in Syria, Haaretz wants Israel to run and rescue the po' Palestinian terrorists there under assault. See http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/1.651109
Got that? For more than a century, the only contribution to the world of "Palestinian" Arabs has been Islamofascist terrorism. The Jews have been the victims of this terrorism for a century. Now suddenly the same terrorists are getting their comeuppance in Syria from ... drumroll ... other Islamofascist terrorists, those from ISIS. Haaretz wants us to reward the fascist terrorists from the Palestinians by rescuing them from the fascist terrorists of ISIS. Haaretz did not volunteer to allow any Yarmouk refugees to live in the Haaretz editorial offices in Tel Aviv!
I say we ship the entire Haaretz editorial staff and chorale of writers to Yarmouk to go fight to protect the Palestinian genocidal Islamofascist terrorists from the ISIS Islamofascist genocidal terrorists!
2. May there be many like him: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4645520,00.html
Israeli-Arab dies in gun battle in Iraq after joining Islamic State
A resident of northern Israel was reported killed by his family on Wednesday as a result of a gun battle in Iraq; the incident occurred two years after the man fled Israel to join the ranks of terror group.
3. From Isracampus:
On February 26, 2014, Peace Now founder Amiram Goldblum (Hebrew University - Pharmaceutical Studies) published a talkback on a page in the Haaretz web site in which he denounces Bar Ilan University in these words (translation from Hebrew):
"I wrote, and I stand behind this, that Bar Ilan University has become renowned for among other things a number of people who have emerged from it (and not only the murderer of Rabin!)"
Goldblum would like to remind us all that Yigal Amir "emerged" from Bar Ilan University. We here at Isracampus would like to remind Amiram Goldblum that the terrorist 'Adel Hidmi emerged from the Department of Pharmaceutical Studies at the Hebrew University in which Goldblum himself is employed!
Hebrew University - Radical Leftist Amiram Goldblum (Dept of Pharmaceutical Sciences) Supporting the Boycott of Settlers
Goldblum, posting on his Facebook page, seems to want to force the settlers to remain in settlements.
Amiram Goldblum added 4 new photos.