Friday, August 29, 2014
40 Lessons from Hamas' War Against the Jews
Posted By Steven Plaut On August 29, 2014
1. Nice fences do not stop missiles, rockets, and mortars.
2. The pro-Hamas Left: http://www.meforum.org/4783/a-pro-hamas-left-emerges
3. How to Speak Leftist: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/truthrevolt-org/andrew-klavan-how-to-speak-leftist/
4. The latest treason from Israel;'s radical Left is to respond to the firing of 5000 Hamas rockets at Israeli children by calling on Israelis to refuse to serve in the military at all. SIgners include prominent academics, Haaretz writers, communists, and others of their ilk.
5. When anti-Semites pretend to be Holocaust survivors: http://www.algemeiner.com/2014/08/28/jewish-survivors-and-their-progeny-against-israel/
7. Here is an interesting thought. According to a poll in Israel this week, the number of Israelis who now see themselves as part of either the moderate or the radical Left is about 12%. The number of people in France who support ISIS is 16%. So more French support Isis than Israelis who support the Labor Party.
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Global Research (canada) is a conspiracist web site run by the notorious Holocaust Denier Michel Chossudovsky.
Interesting that Israeli tenured leftists have decided to publish their petition with its condemnation of Israel on that web site:
Israeli Academics Condemn the Slaughter and Endless Oppression of the Palestinian People
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
The Symposium against Patriotism and Democracy at Tel Aviv University
In recent weeks Israel has seen an unprecedented unification of spirit, with nearly the entire Jewish population strongly endorsing the military activity against the Gaza savages. The main criticism of the operations is coming from people who believe that the government is not using ENOUGH firepower and force.
The Radical academic Left has maintained an eerie silence throughout much of the operation, But this week a group of Tenured Leftists held a symposium to denounce the widespread patriotism that they fear has infected Israel. The symposium at Tel Aviv University was titled "How to Think about the War," the purpose of which was to tell people how to think. And of course the correct way to think is how the Far Left and communists think.
The symposium was organized in response to an innocent memo sent out by the Tel Aviv University administration expressing support for Israeli soldiers during the war, "embracing them," while at the same time denouncing "hurtful and extremist" comments being made by people in the social media and internet. That statement enraged the tenured Left. How dare the heads of Tel Aviv University say that they are embracing the soldiers.
The anti-patriotism rally was organized by Prof. Ishay Rosen-Zvi, an ultra-leftist faculty member at TAU in "Hebrew Culture." Rosen Zvi has a long track record of pseudo-academic Israel bashing (see http://isracampus.org.il/third%20level%20pages/Editorial%20-%20Lee%20Kaplan%20-%20Ishay%20Rosen-Zvi%20-%20leads%20crusade%20at%20Shimon%20HaTzadik%20Neighborhood.htm ) . He said he organized the symposium because he felt that the administration's statement about embracing soldiers was silencing freedom of speech and also because he felt revulsion at the wave of patriotism and unity in the Israeli media. After all, hardly any treasonous opinions were being aired during the war! Rosen Zvi demanded that the media be cleansed of the endless security-oriented and patriotic opinion, which is "designed to suppress freedom of speech." (Hebrew report in Haaretz on this is at http://www.haaretz.co.il/news/education/.premium-1.2415984 ).
Rosen Zvi was particularly irate at the fact that deaths of Israeli soldiers were not producing defeatist sentiments in the public. In the past, he said, such deaths produced pressures on the government but now they were simply contributing to a sense of national unity. In addition, Rosen Zvi denounced what he describes as "violence against the Left," by which he means public criticism of the Left. Other speakers at the symposium denounced the "excess" number of injuries of Gaza civilians as war crimes.
Sunday, August 24, 2014
Want to know what Israelis actually think? Only 3% are now leftists. Guess what the percent of university professors who are radical leftists is.
Friday, August 22, 2014
1. To be consistent here is how the NY Times, CNN, the Washington Post, MSNBC and the LA Times should report the death by beheading of the US journalist James Foley:
James Foley was a journalist and investigator into the poverty and underlying grievances behind Middle East terrorism. Foley appears to have died in mysterious circumstances, at the same time that a large number of ISIS activists were killed by American military intervention. The total number of victims of violence over the past week was 340. ISIS is a group of misunderstood militants that is motivated by frustration that its grievances are not being addressed and its reasonable demands met. ISIS emerged because of the inequalities in the world, the underprivileged situation of so many Muslims in the Middle East. Clearly all ISIS wants is its fair share of the pie, but selfish Westerners have refused to conduct good faith negotiations with the leaders of ISIS. Since these leaders had no other choice, they captured Foley and he then became a victim of the cycle of violence begun by the United States. Foley's death was clearly a protest against occupation of Iraqi and Afghan territory by the United States and against European colonial oppression. There is some confusion as to whether ISIS was in fact behind the death of Foley. Informed sources on the ground in Iraq and Syria say that Israeli Jewish settlers really killed Foley. In any case, it is clear that this sort of violence can only end when the American government conducts good faith negotiations with ISIS and meets its reasonable demands.
2. Well, I guess it is only fair. Just like the American media like to pontificate and opine about the Middle East without having the slightest idea of what they are talking about, now the Israeli media are doing the same thing about the Ferguson violence.For decades the main point that has needed understanding regarding the Middle East is that Arab violence is NOT a result of legitimate grievances but of illegitimate ambitions and criminality. Yet this week every single Israeli journalist is chiming in unison that the Ferguson violence must have been caused by legitimate grievances by black Americans. It was not. Like in the Middle East it is a reflection of illegitimate ambitions and criminality. But Israel's clueless journalists are as incapable of questioning the "party line" about Ferguson as US liberal journalists are about EITHER Ferguson or the Middle East.
The liberal media in the US are trying to create equivalence between the hoodlums rioting in Ferguson, Missouri, and the "Palestinian" intifada. Both are "occupied" and "oppressed" populations, the media bleat.
Well, for once I actually agree that there is a sort of moral equivalence. Both groups are violent criminals and hoodlums pretending to have "grievances." Neither group is "occupied " but merely pretending to be to excuse its criminality, racism and violence. Both sets of violence are a direct result of hoodlums being pandered by the liberal media and the excuses made for their violence by the Left.
3. Dear Hamas: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1795659_321874274652448_2021623863845781069_n.jpg?oh=c18c7fee55fea8d5324b009f4dd86d3f&oe=54605053&__gda__=1415969027_ea0bd7cdfa69a2728c499ae644abde96
4. Joke going around Israel. Hamas last night announced that at 6 AM it would fire rockets at Ben Gurion airport. But none were fired this morning. It turns out they were using charter rockets and everyone knows that charters always arrive 17 hours late.
5. With the beheading of a pro-terror American journalist, we re-post:
Friday, August 15, 2014
1. 98% of Israeli Jews are strongly behind the operations in Gaza and most of the dissidence in Israel comes from people who think that Netanyahu wimped out and did not go far enough to finish the job. Haaretz, the Palestinian newspaper published in Hebrew, managed to maintain its anti-Israel pro-Hamas line throughout recent weeks. To remind you, Haaretz has a 6% market share among the quarter of Israelis who actually read newspapers and I suspect that 2/3 of Haaretz subscribers get it for the business supplement Marker, not for the daily doses of treason.
In any case, the anti-democratic Left in Israel, lead by Haaretz, are all whining because the Israeli on the street has no patience to listen to their treason these days. In fact, when the communists and their friends hold pro-Hamas rallies, "right-wingers" come out and harass them and call them names and counter-demonstrate, clearly acts of anti-democratic fascism! Mister and Mrs. Israeli do not believe that Israel bombed in Gaza to be mean and because Jews are racist and that the Gaza invasion was "disproportionate," unless you mean by that too mild.
A good example of the desperation of the Israeli radical Left is in today's Haaretz editorial. It concerns a decision to rein in the radical anti-Israel foreign-funded NGO B'Tselem, which pretends to be a human rights watchdog, although one that has never defended any human rights for Jews. After getting smacked down in a recent Supreme Court ruling, the Israeli government just ruled that national service youths may not do their service as interns with B'Tselem. National service is for religious women, some Arabs, and some others, as an alternative to (and sometimes supplement to) military service, and usually involves things like working in hospitals or with low-income families in Israel's periphery zones. (One of my sons did so BEFORE his regular army service.) The Left wants these people to be able to do political agitprop as national service in B'Tselem and similar outfits and indeed this was permitted until now. But only for far-leftist anti-Israel groups. No one could do national service, for example, with the Temple Mount lobby. But the government just nixed this. Haaretz is livid. McCarthyism, it bellows:
Israel's witch hunt against leftist organizations is McCarthyism in action
B'Tselem does not act against the state or its army, on the contrary: It tries to maintain its moral image, therefore fulfilling an important mission.
Haaretz Editorial | Aug. 15, 2014 | 2:04 AM
The witch hunt against leftist and civil-rights organizations in Israel is picking up speed just as Operation Protective Edge winds down. This week the director of the National Service Administration, Sar-Shalom Jerbi, informed the director of B'Tselem, Haggai Elad, that he was disqualifying B'Tselem as a receiving organization for civilian national service volunteers. Gili Cohen reported yesterday on the Haaretz website that in explaining his decision, Jerbi said the organization, whose full name is B'Tselem, the Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories, acts against the state and the Israel Defense Forces.
"I feel obligated to exercise my authority and discontinue state assistance to an organization that acts against the state and its soldiers, who sacrifice their lives with supreme heroism in order to ensure the welfare and security of all Israeli citizens," Jerbi wrote in his letter to B'Tselem……
Jerbi's decision is scandalous, and Pensioner Affairs Minister Uri Orbach (Habayit Hayehudi), who oversees the National Service Administration, would do well do reject it. B'Tselem is a badge of honor for the State of Israel, and the national service volunteers who work for it are contributing far more to Israel than the volunteers of Efrat, the anti-abortion association, for example, whose service Jerbi has not disqualified.
On B'Tselem court case: http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium-1.610477
Last year a Knesset bill to require that anti-Israel NGOs like B'Tselem disclose their sources of financing failed to pass because Netanyahu wimped out on it and on us.
2. One of the more amusing developments is Nasrallah, the Islamofascist terrorist head of the Hezb'Allah, whining about the growing power of ISIS. Hezb'Allah is a Shi'ite Islamofascist terrorist group that is chummy with the Assads. ISIS is a Sunni Islamofascist terrorist group that enjoys beheading Shi'ites before breakfast. Nasrallah wants the world to wake up to the ISIS threat. I look forward to ISIS catching up with Nasrallah and turning him into Purina.
3. Dersh on pro-Hamas anti-Semites: http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Supporting-Hamas-is-anti-Semitic-371173
4. The Israeli Mongrel Left has a new "cause." Haaretz, the Palestinian newspaper published in Hebrew, claims a wedding was supposed to take place between an Arab man and a Jewish woman, but the couple received a lot of insulting mail and phone calls and in the end they supposedly had to hire guards for the wedding because "rightwingers" plan to hold a protest at it. Other Mongrel Left web sites also picked up the story, including 972mag, an anti-Israel picayune web site financed by foreign anti-Semites. I do not know if the Haaretz story has any connection to facts, real people and real events. Haaretz stories about Jewish intolerance rarely do.
5. The fable of the sage of Gaza: http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_opinion.php?id=9617&r=1
6. A Plautian spoof not written by Plaut: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/ronn-torossian/a-call-for-restraint-against-isis/
7. So the Brits are threatening to cut off arms to Israel because some Gazan civilians were hurt when Israel shot back. Now imagine that its allies had threatened Britain during the blitz to withhold arms shipments from the UK unless Britain could guarantee that no German civilians would be hurt when Britain bombed Germany in retaliation!
8. Mariachi Nagila: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eVvhSBO0NnE
Monday, August 11, 2014
1. Academic Standards at Hebrew University on Display: Hebrew University Sociologist Promotes S&M
Eva Illouz is an ultra-leftist sociologist from the Hebrew University and currently serves as president of Bezalel College. You may recall herimplementing a thought control enforcement mechanism while there:http://isracampus.org.il/third%20level%20pages/other%20-%20Betzalel%20-%20Thought%20Police.htm . Here is Ben Dror Yemini commenting on her:http://www.i24news.tv/en/opinion/140213-the-enslaved-professor
Well, now her latest pathbreaking scientific work appears here: Explaining 'Fifty Shades': How Bondage Solves the Problem of Modern Love - SPIEGEL ONLINE where she celebrates Sadomasochism and "Bondage". http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/eva-illouz-explains-how-fifty-shades-of-grey-solves-problems-of-love-a-843644.html
Here is an excerpt:
Have you ever had sadomasochistic fantasies? If you are like me, not only have you never had any, but you even view sadomasochism as an exotic and very distant land. Assuming that most people are boringly similar to me, then it is a puzzle how "Fifty Shades of Grey" -- a romance novel in which BDSM (short for Bondage & Discipline, Dominance & Submission, Sadism & Masochism) is the central plot motif -- became a phenomenal global success....
Moreover, I would argue that the sadomasochist relationship in general is a highly plausible solution to the complicated and uncertain labors of love for a number of reasons.
By definition, a BDSM relationship contains both pain and pleasure and thus neutralizes the ambivalence of relationships that alternate between pain and pleasure.
One of the greatest difficulties of modern relationships is relinquishing one's autonomy to another because, in doing that, our sense of dignity is always at stake. The BDSM contract does the logically and psychologically impossible: It makes one willingly give up one's will and autonomy to another. In that sense, it solves the problem of relinquishing one's autonomy.
The equality that has been promoted by 40 years of feminism demands ongoing, ceaseless negotiation. The BDSM contract stops the endless bargaining by setting up and freezing caricatured and exaggerated roles and positions. In fact, BDSM makes inequality acceptable because it is consensual, contractual and pleasurable.
Finally, sadomasochism can take place only between two people who fully trust each other. The dominant partner stops hurting the submissive partner as soon as he or she says the code word. In that sense, BDSM is the very performance of the scarcest commodity: trust.
Against this context, it is our ordinary heterosexual relationships that have become queer indeed: complicated and elusive and impossible to predict and control. They demand an enormous sophistication in our capacity to play many roles, endlessly negotiate boundaries and make sense of our own and the other's ambivalence. If conventional relationships have become queer, then the romance between Grey and Steele suggests that BDSM actually holds the promise of erasing that queerness by giving us access to erotic ecstasy without the anxiety of ambivalence and uncertainty.
2. Here's an idea. You know how all the leftist Hitlerjugend and their friends have been complaining that Hamas rockets fired from Gaza into Israel just "do not count"? After all, they chirp, these rockets are harmless, hardly kill anyone, are little more than symbolic protests against "occupation." That is why Israel is the aggressor when it shoots back.So once Israel finishes re-taking the Gaza Strip, annihilating the Hamas and Jihadis, and once it captures all the remaining "harmless" Hamas rockets there, I say we take all these harmless Hamas rockets and fire them at Ramallah, Jenin, and Tul Karem. If anyone complains, we will just quote all those leftists who insist that these are innocent toy rockets that really do not do any harm!!
3. The number of Gazans killed by Israel is far lower than the number of rockets fired into Israel by the savages. This is clearly disproportionate.
4. Anyone know if the rumor is true that the department of politics at Ben Gurion University plans to merge with ISIS?
5. As far as we know, the ISIS barbarians in Iraq have not murdered any American citizens. Yet here we have the US air force bombing the bejeebers out of ISIS. So where are all the street urchins and campus Hitlerjugend? Wjy no screams about the Americans perpetrating genocide? Where are all the editorials in the liberal media demanding a proportionate air strike? Where are the numbers pogromchiki who argue that if the US kills more ISIS terrorists than the number of Americans killed by ISIS, then the US is a fascist colonialist aggressor and war criminal?
6. The Far Left, including Meretz and the Commies, was planning to hold a pro-Hamas rally Saturday night in Tel Aviv. The police cancelled their permit. Not because they are traitors but because Tel Aviv was on alert for Hamas rockets incoming. The Left urged its people to show up anyway. The ultra-left anti-Israel pro-jihad web site 972mag, funded by foreign anti-Semites, claims 500 people showed up. Haaretz, the Palestinian newspaper published in Hebrew, claims 200 showed up. Since Haaretz always adds a zero (and sometimes two zeros) to the numbers of leftist protesters in its reports, I guess we can assume that 20 showed up. All, no doubt, members of the communist party.